07 March 2009

Fire in the hold!

We had a rather unusual evening on Thursday after dinner at an excellent Mexican restaurant called Miguel's Cafe (chicken chimichangas and lime margaritas all round). We had nipped into a bar on the way back to our guesthouse for a quick drink only to be interrupted by the building opposite bursting into flames!
We're not really sure how the fire started but things were a little scary for a while as not only where we sat right in front of the blaze but our guesthouse was virtually directly behind the building on fire. Luckily the men from the Chiang Mai fire brigade were on hand to sort things out before the fire spread to the surrounding buildings. Thankfully no one was hurt in the blaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment